This is a fun and simple project that your children may participate in. Get yourself a paper plate and let’s have some fun! It’s also possible to cut holes in it so it can be used as a puppet or a mask.
What you will need
- Paper plate
- Black felt
- Pink felt
- Pink paper
- Cotton wool pad
- Cut out the mouth using the black felt.
- Cut two circles for the nose and a curved line for the mouth from your pink felt. Stick on to your paper plate.
- Then cut six triangles from your paper plate and stick them on the left and right sides.
- Create hair for your zebra by cutting out a square of black felt and snipping lines to make them.
- Add some ears next. You will need two oval shapes cut out of a paper plate and two oval shapes cut out of pink paper. Stick the pink paper onto your white paper plates and stick on your ears!
- After that, you will need to add cotton wool pads for the zebras’ eyes.
- Cut out two small black circles of felt and stick it to the cotton wool pad.
- To make your craft even more interesting, you can add a strip of felt to the back so it will become a puppet!
- Your zebra is now complete!
Making a mask out of it
Alternatively, you can turn this into a mask by cutting holes in the area of the eyes and attaching string to either side of the back with glue.
This is a great summer project to do with your kids! It would make a great addition to the collection of your puppets or a fun face mask.
Let your children try each step themselves and let them be creative. The circle does not have to be perfect, let them create their own zebra craft and have fun.