Love is in the air, even for ladybugs! Valentine’s Day is a time to express your affection, and what better way to do so than with a handcrafted project? This easy and enjoyable ladybug love heart Valentine’s day craft is perfect for children of all ages. If you adore ladybugs and hearts this craft is the perfect craft to get creative with! This ladybug love heart is perfect for displaying on Valentine’s Day.
What you will need
- Red, white and black felt
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Red lollipop stick
- Get your red felt and draw out a big heart and cut out this will be your ladybug’s body.
- Then with your black felt cut out an oval shape for the head of the ladybug.
- You can stick this on to your big red heart, to make the body of the ladybug.
- Get your googly eyes then and stick them onto the head to start making the face.
- Cut and stick the pipe cleaners on for the antenna of the ladybug.
- Get your black and white felt and cut out four small hearts.
- You can stick these on to your ladybug’s body for an extra effect.
- I then stuck my lollipop stick to the back of the ladybug so that I can use it as a puppet!
- I gave him a smile making it out of pipe cleaners!
This ladybug love heart Valentine’s day craft is perfect for children of all ages. It is easy and enjoyable and allows for creativity and personalization. The ladybug can be made out of red felt, with a black felt oval for the head. Pipecleaners can be used to create the ladybug’s mouth, and googly eyes can be attached. The ladybug can then be attached to a lollipop stick, making it into a puppet.
This is such a fun art craft and has a nice amount of detail which is hugely beneficial to toddlers and their fine motor skills.
You can use any colors for this activity to make it your own.
I hope you have enjoyed this and don’t forget to send me some of your own creations.
Thanks a million!