This is a fun, easy craft for all you fans of the famous book ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ by Eric Carle.
What you will need
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Red card
- Pipe cleaners
- Goggly eyes
- Make a circle out of the center of a paper plate. Cut the edge and fold. See the video above for more details.
- Put some green paint on this.
- On a red piece of paper or card, trace and cut out a circle for the caterpillar’s head.
- Stick your googly eyes onto your caterpillar’s head.
- Then cut out the caterpillar’s tentacles from strips of pipe cleaners.
- Stick on to the top of the head.
- Then stick the head on the body, along with your smile.
I’m sure you know this wonderful storyline already. I really recommend the book ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ by Eric Carle it if you haven’t read it.
When your child creates a character out of a book, it becomes a personal journey for them.
This is a fun project for your house or for fans of the book.
Hope you have had fun.