Finger puppets are a fantastic method to get children interested in crafts. Making wild animal finger puppets is a simple craft that takes only a few minutes. This article will show you how to make wild animal finger puppets for kids using only a few materials and no stitching needed. This is a fantastic creative art and craft project for kids who enjoy playing and creating things with their imaginations!
What you will need
- Orange and black felt
- Brown and light brown felt
- Grey and light pink felt
- Yellow felt
- Googly eyes
- A Circle-shaped object for tracing
Tiger Finger Puppet
- A circle-shaped object is needed to trace a circle on the orange felt.
- Draw two triangles on your orange felt.
- Then cut out your circles and the triangles. Stick the ears on the head of your tiger.
- Cut out zig-zag patterns from black felt. Then make your tigers face by sticking the googly eyes and black felt on to your circle.
- With your marker, draw on your nose and mouth to complete your tigers face.
- Turn your tiger around, and get some black felt. Put some glue on left and right, but be sure not to put any in the middle, so your finger fits through!
This is your first wild animal finger puppet!
Monkey Finger Puppet
- A circle-shaped object is needed to trace a circle on the dark brown felt. Draw half circles on each side of the circle to make ears for your monkey. Then cut it out.
- With your light brown felt, draw your monkey’s face. See video for more detail on this.
- Cut out after drawing and stick on to your circle.
- Draw on your nose and month at the bottom of the circle with your marker.
- Then stick your googly eyes on the top.
- Turn the monkey around and get some light brown felt. Put some glue on left and right, but be sure not to put any on the middle, so your finger fits through!
Here is your second and most chattery wild animal!
Elephant Finger Puppet
- Get some grey felt and draw an elephant shape. If you need some help with the check out the video above.
- Cut out the elephant’s face and trunk.
- Cut out oval shapes from light pink felt for the elephant’s ears.
- Also cut out a little circle for the elephant’s trunk from the light pink felt.
- Attach the pink felt and googly eyes to the elephant’s face.
- Turn your elephant around, and grab some light pink felt. Put some glue on the left and right, but make sure not to put any in the middle, so your finger fits through!
Then you get your lovely third wild animal puppet!
Giraffe Finger puppet
- Draw a circle on your yellow felt. Add two small triangles for your ears and two horns.
- Cut out everything above with scissors.
- Stick on the horns and ears to the circle.
- Then you can add your googly eyes.
- With a brown marker, draw spots all over the face and draw the nose and mouth to finish your giraffe’s face.
- Turn your giraffe around and get some orange felt. Put some glue on the left and right, but be sure not to put any in the middle so your finger fits through!
You have now completed all four of the wild animal’s finger puppets!
This is a fantastic project for your children to work on.
They’re ideal for adding to your animal collection! I created my craft using felt, but you may also do it with a card or paper.
Making the wild animal finger puppets when it’s raining outside is simple and a pleasant activity to create!
Check out my other puppets on my website, YouTube, and Pinterest. I’ve got some fantastic farm animals puppets that are lots of fun to create!